Welcome to The Campus Community Band
The Crane School of Music, State University of New York at Potsdam Exploring new ways to enjoy music making!
- JOIN THE BAND: Adult musicians of all ability levels and musical interests are invited to join our band.. Go to "About the Band" page to contact our director, Dr. Caron Collins.
- WHERE AND WHEN: Rehearsals are Tuesdays 6:00 P.M. to 7:20 P.M. in Bishop Hall Room C107 (concert band) and Room B115 (collaborative small ensembles) at The Crane School of Music, State University of New York at Potsdam. Our rehearsals run from September to May.
- Spring Semester registration and music VOTING have begun. If you play a woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, electric guitar or bass, we need you! Students register for MUAP115 (1 credit toward Aesthetic Experience or Fine Arts) . Community musicians merely contact Dr. Collins.
Vote on our Spring 2017 Music!
Campus Community Band Members are invited to vote on their favorite piece of music that we will be playing this spring.
- To make an informed decision, please listen to the recording for each piece by clicking the title.
- Determine which piece of music is the most interesting for the entire band and challenging yet able to be mastered in about 7 rehearsals. (E= easy, M= medium, A= advanced level)
- After listening to each piece, go to the ballot below and select the best choice in each category.
- Voting ends Sunday, December 11
March or Overture Category:
Ethnic or Multicultural Category:
Major Work Category:
Pop, Rock, Jazz Category: